National Development Plan Leaders
The annual Vision 2030 Awards honour the achievements and share the success stories of organisations, enterprises and individuals that actively demonstrate alignment to the South African government’s Nine-Point Plan to boost economic growth and achieve the milestones set by the National Development Plan (NDP). Opened by Dondo Mogajane Director-General of National Treasury, the Vision 2030 gala ceremony announced the 2018 winners on 21 June at Emperors Palace, Ekurhuleni.
With contributors from every sector, the nation’s premiere platform for addressing the NDP saw private sectors, public sectors and civil society organisations join hands in building a national community working to drive economic acceleration and transformation.
Leading by example, the winners, showcased through their Awards, inspire their peers and all stakeholders nationwide to pledge commitment to the NDP – not in words alone but in actions that move the nation forward.
VISION 2030 WINNERS
- ICT AWARD – T-Systems South Africa
- ENERGY AWARD – FFS Refiners
- INDUSTRIAL ACTION PLAN AWARD Sponsored by Public Sector Manager- Aerosud
- SMME AWARD – Fibon Energy
- EDUCATION AWARD Sponsored by HRDC – Edit Microsystems
- SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY AWARD – NTP Radioisotopes
- INFRASTRUCTURE AWARD – Maragela Consulting Engineers
- AGRICULTURE AWARD – Woolworths Holdings
- HEALTHCARE AWARD – Cipla Foundation
- DRIVER FOR CHANGE AWARD Sponsored by SABC – Marianna Dipiloane Phutsisi – Motheo Tvet College
For more info on finalists:
The Vision 2030 Awards encourages the realisation of the NDP through national collaboration and recognises key figures that actively expand progress and make headway in achieving the NDP. Convening leading minds and influential role players, the Summit provides a showcase of individuals and organisations that excel in the implementation of the NDP.
This year’s Vision 2030 Conference, opened by Tshediso Matona, Head of Secretariat at The National Planning Commission of South Africa, featured high-level contributors from across the country, offering an opportunity for thought leaders, businesses and active citizens to gather, exchange knowledge, and take decisive action in their own sphere of influence to achieve the goals of the NDP. Sponsors included HRDC, Lion of Africa Insurance, ABSA, LandBank, Old Mutual, Sentech, Productivity SA and Siemens.
More info on contributors:
Objectives of Vision 2030 Summit 2018
- Reinforce private and public sector support for and commitment to the (NDP).
- Take stock of where we are, where we should be, and the way forward for the nation to achieve its NDP objectives.
- Raise awareness and position the NDP as a South African plan and not merely a government plan.
- Unpack the National Development Plan into an easy-to-understand, practical document; outlining how government departments, provinces, municipalities, state-owned enterprises and agencies are aligning themselves to the NDP.
- Position South Africa as an investor-friendly country.
- Discover innovations, solutions, plans and initiatives that can help fast track the realisation of goals set by the business and investor communities.
- Promote and encourage public-private partnership investment opportunities in provincial and local government.
Be part of the conversation