Key takeaway messages from the security breakaway session
- Safety audits must be done in all communities.
- All schools should have learner safety plans.
- The police service must be de-militarised.
- There needs to be increased community participation in crime prevention and safety initiatives.
- The National Rural Safety Strategy Plan must be implemented in high risk areas involving all role players and stakeholders.
- Safe places must be secured for inner city youth.
- A judiciary-led independent court administration must be developed.
- Clear criteria for appointment of judges must be put in place.
- Compulsory community service must be extended to all law graduates.
Session Sponsor: SAPS